7/30/2009

Hey Y'all!

Hey Y'all! haha That's actually a little joke in my family...we LOVE Paula Deen, and my mom's Texas accent sometimes sounds a little like hers. So, we started making my mom say "Hey Y'all" and she sounds like Paula when she does it. It probably doesn't sound as funny to you as it is to us ;)

Anyway, welcome to my baking/cooking blog! I decided to start this blog because my family and I have a second family, our bible study group, and every week when we get together I try to take some sort of sweet treat! I've been doing it forever, and many times they have asked me for the recipes. So, I thought I would just post them here and maybe some of you will want to try them too! 

I LOVE to bake, so I will most likely post alot of dessert recipes. However, I LOVE to cook as well, so I may throw in some other recipes for your culinary pleasure as well :) I think this will be alot of fun, regardless if anyone actually reads this blog or not, hehehe! I am always looking for new and fun ideas though, so please feel free to share! I'm hoping to find some other recipe sites/ blogs through this experience also!

Oh, one more thing, I live in the south. I am a Texas girl, born and raised, so the recipes might not exactly be "healthy." If you know anything about the south you know that one of our favorite drinks is sweet tea. We LOVE sugar! (and butter, cream cheese, mayo, etc.) HA!


No comments:

 

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP