7/30/2009

Mozzarella Chicken

I thawed out some chicken breasts for dinner the other night, but when it came time to make them I wanted something a little more unique than just plain chicken. So, I went hunting through my pantry and fridge and this is what I came up with!

First, I put some plain bread crumbs in a bowl mixed with a little garlic salt. Next, I coated one side of the chicken with some dijon mustard and placed it into the bread crumbs. I then coated the side facing up with the mustard, and flipped the chicken over to coat the other side with bread crumbs. 



I put all of the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, and drizzled a little olive oil on the top of the chicken. I put it in the oven on 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 


When the chicken was done, I sliced up a few tomatoes and placed them on the top of the chicken. I then placed a few pieces of fresh mozzarella on top of that and sprinkled some dried basil on top. I put the chicken back in the oven, this time on broil for about 5 min. or until the cheese began to melt.

Here is the final product: 


It was SO good! I have also been thinking that it would probably be really good over some spaghetti, hence making a somewhat healthier version of chicken parmesan!

(P.S. Please excuse my ugly countertops, my husband and I live in an apartment right now. I can't wait until we have our own house with granite counter tops!)

No comments:

 

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP