7/30/2009

Patriotic Cupcakes!


For the 4th of July I decided to make cupcakes, and then at the last minute decided I wanted to so something a little creative! So, I made the cupcakes with devil's food cake mix from the store. 

I then used Wilton's Buttercream Icing recipe, which is the BEST! My sister and I discovered this recipe awhile back and I have been using it ever since. My niece never liked icing before but can never get enough of it when I make it this way :)

After I made the icing I separated it into a few bowls so that I could dye some of it red and some blue with food coloring. I then used a piping set I got in the dollar bin at Target to apply the icing to the cupcakes! 

I arranged the colors to look like a flag, added a few stars and some patriotic sprinkles that I found at Wal-Mart, and they were done!

No comments:

 

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP